You may notice that on the Students tab of your Teacher Account, some of your students are not connected to a Parent Account. If you'd like your students' parents' to create an account of their own, you can email out an invitation to them!
Through creating a Parent Account and linking it to their child, parents will get access to a monthly report card of their child’s progress, plus at-a-glance views of their child’s math achievement on Prodigy.
They’ll also be able to set Goals and send their child in-game Rewards, which motivate them to answer more curriculum-aligned questions!
Here's how to send them:
1. Once logged into your Teacher Account, select the classroom you want to send parent invites to.
2. Click on the Students tab in the left-hand menu. You’ll see a list of all the students in your classroom, as well as whether or not they have a parent attached to their account.
3. Select Invite parents from the widget at the top.
4. Under each student without a parent, enter their parent's email address.
5. Once you’ve entered all your parent emails, click Review invites and double-check that your students are matched with the correct parent email.
6. Click Send invites - and you're all set! You can send one invite per student, up to a maximum of 25 parent invites per day.
Parents will receive an invite asking them to sign up for Prodigy and attach their child’s account. If they already have an account but haven’t attached their child, they’ll be able to skip straight to that step!
Check your Teacher Dashboard to view the status of your invitations. There you can edit, resend or cancel any pending invites.
Still want to send out physical parent letters? No problem! You’ll be able to find them in the Students section of your Teacher Dashboard. More information on this process can be found in this article: Print Parent Letters.