However you're making use of Prodigy in your classroom, connecting your students to their parents benefits everyone!
Once a student is linked to their parent, parents can:
- Retrieve their child's login information
- Access reports on their child's performance
- Monthly report cards, and more!
Continue reading for instructions on how to invite parents to create their own Prodigy account and link to their children!
Parent Invite Instructions:
1. Log in to your Teacher Account.
2. Navigate to the student Roster tab.
3. Select the classroom you'd like to send parent invites for.
4. In the upper right corner, you'll see the Invite Parents widget, this displays the total number of students in your classroom who have been linked to their parents.
5. Click Invite parents.
6. Under each student without a parent, enter their parent's email address.
6. Once you’ve entered all your parent emails, click Review invites and double-check that your students are matched with the correct parent email.
7. Click Send invites and you're all set! You can send one invite per student, up to a maximum of 25 parent invites per day.
Parents will receive an invite asking them to sign up for Prodigy and attach their child’s account. If they already have an account but haven’t attached their child, they’ll be able to skip straight to that step!
You can view the status of your invitations on your Teacher Dashboard and can edit, resend or cancel any pending invites.
Parent Letter PDF & Printing Instructions:
Parent letters can be used to provide parents access to the below information via PDF, or by printing:
- Student Username and Password
- Information about Prodigy
- Instructions for the parent to create a free Prodigy Parent Account
If your students are learning from home, you have the option to download student login information as individual PDFs. Then, you can easily email student information to parents as a PDF attachment.
Parent letters contain a student's unique username and password and should be kept confidential to prevent any unauthorized access.
Do not post this PDF document online on any channel or website accessible to someone who is not the parent.
We highly recommend you share this information with parents directly on 1:1 channels like SMS, email or print.
To access parent letters in PDF format for easy printing, take the following steps from your classroom page:
Accounts linked with Google account information cannot be displayed. You will need to contact your admin or Google for this information.
1. Select Student Roster from the left side of the page.
2. Select the class that you'd like to print parent letters for.
You'll then be presented with 3 options:
English Single PDF
This will create a single PDF, with all of your students' Parent Letters within it.
English Individual PDFs
This will create an individual PDF for each of your students so that you can easily email their information to a parent or guardian.
Español Single PDF
This will create a single PDF in Spanish, with all of your students' Parent Letters within it.
4. Share the letter with parents!