Hello Prodigy teachers, parents and wizards! Our team of wizards here at Prodigy have been hard at work, making their own magic behind the scenes, and we are excited to bring their work to you!
We are pleased to announce our Social Feed update to Prodigy's every growing population. Through this exciting update, our Prodigy wizards will now be able to share their accomplishments as well as liking ones attained by their friends.
To access the Social Feed, click the button on your Social Bar.
The Social Feed reveals a player's and their friends' activities in a list. The player can filter the type of activities that they see by clicking on the tabs. Players can interact with other players by clicking on the 'share' and 'like' buttons.
This feature tracks a player's activities by entering every event into a Social Feed and notifying the player and their friends through notifications.
These are the types of events that this feature will track:
- Obtaining a heroic or legendary piece of gear, house item or buddy as a 'super rare' item
- Ranking up in an Achievement
The Social Feed has 3 tabs in this order from top to bottom:
- All: Shows all activity from the 'Me' and 'Friends' tabs
- Max 40 events shown
- Me: Shows only your activity. This includes all events pertaining to the player, both shared and not shared events.
- Max 20 events shown
- Friends: Shows activity only from friends and classmates
- Max 20 events shown
The player can interact with their social feed by liking and sharing:
- Liking: Players can only 'like' their friend's activities. The 'like' button is visualized as a 'thumbs up' icon
- Sharing: Players can only 'share' their own activities. Once the player shares their own activity, the share button turns into a pressed 'like' button that tallies up the number of times their friends have responded with a 'like'.
It is possible that players can encounter an empty social feed in any of the tabs. When players are first able to open and see the social feed, they must have finished the tutorial. During the tutorial, players would have ranked up achievements. These achievements will show up in their social feed as their own accomplishments.
Here are some cases that may explain when certain tabs in the feed may be empty:
- Upon logging in for the first time after this release, existing players with no friends or classmates will have an empty 'FRIENDS' tab with no friend entries
- Upon logging in for the first time after this release, existing players who have finished the tutorial will not have any player entries in their feed
- New players that are in a class will receive player feed entries post-tutorial
- these players MAY see entries from classmates if their classmates had shared their events prior to the player opening their feed
- New players that are NOT IN A CLASS will not have any contacts and will therefore only have their own player accomplishments showing in the 'ALL' and 'ME' tabs while not having any entries in the 'FRIENDS' tab post-tutorial.
We sure hope you like the changes that we've made! As always our team is hard at work to make Prodigy more exciting, engaging and fun.
Let us know what you think by selecting "submit a ticket" above or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to stay up to date on changes to Prodigy’s website and game features?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
or read our blog here.