If your child is receiving questions that are too hard or too easy, you can apply a Grade Override from your Parent Account.
Your child's account must be linked to you in order to complete this process.
When a Grade Override is placed on a child’s account, a few things will happen:
- They'll first go through any skills in grades below the one chosen that they've encountered on Prodigy, but not mastered. This prevents them from encountering content that they may not be ready for and can take a few play sessions to work through.
- Once they've mastered the skills they struggled with from prior grades, they'll be placed in the chosen grade.
- After reaching 100% mastery of the chosen grade, they’ll move on to the next grade’s content.
This is to ensure Prodigy is always engaging your child with new and challenging material! This also means that the override will not cause a child to repeat or review skills they’ve already mastered from the lower grade.
Here's how to apply the Grade Override:
1.Navigate to Prodigy and select the "Log in" at the top right of your browser window.
2. Enter the email address associated with your Parent Account, along with your password, then select Log in. If your account was created with Google, select that option.
3. Select View progress under the child's name for who you'd like to apply an override (or View > on mobile).
4a. Select Manage Child from the left side of the page.
4b. On mobile, select More in the bottom-right, then Manage.
5. Select the grade level you'd like to override your child's account to from the drop-down menu, then Save.
You can confirm the change is properly in place from your Parent Dashboard, as the override will be listed in the 'Grade Level' widget.
(Please note: Applying a Grade Override will stop any Placement Tests in favour of the selected grade. Learn more here.)