At Prodigy, we know it's important to keep parents aware of what their children are doing in the classroom, but also to get them involved! Sending Parent Letters is a great way to do just that.
Our personalized parent letters include:
- Student Username and Password
- Information about Prodigy
- Instructions for the parent to create a free Prodigy Parent Account
If your students are learning from home, you have the option to download student login information as individual PDFs. Then, you can easily email student information to parents as a PDF attachment.
To access parent letters in PDF format for easy printing, take the following steps from your classroom page:
1. Select the class that you'd like to print parent letters for.
2. Select Students from the left side of the page.
You'll then be presented with 3 options:
English - Single PDF
This will create a single PDF, with all of your students' Parent Letters within it.
English - Individual PDFs
This will create an individual PDF for each of your students so that you can easily email their information to a parent or guardian.
Español (Single PDF)
This will create a single PDF in Spanish, with all of your students' Parent Letters within it.
4. Share the letter with parents.
We strongly advise against posting students’ login information online or distribute it through other channels that could be accessed by unauthorized individuals.
Here are some of the most common ways teachers are sharing this information with parents:
- Print the letter and share it physically with parents
- Email the parent letter and individual student’s data to the parents directly
- Use Single sign-on platforms like Google or Clever
- Share their login information through an SMS
- Share their login information through other 1-to-1 secured digital channels like in-app messaging