What are assignments?
Assignments are a great way to have your students work on specific material while they play the game. You'll even get a report that shows how they performed on the assigned questions.
When given an assignment, your students will encounter the questions from the assignment before any others, until the assignment is completed! The best part, they won't even know you've given them an assignment! They'll just play the game as they normally would. For more information, click here.
1. Navigate to Prodigy, select the "Login" button from the top right, enter your account details and select "Login".
2. Select the class that you'd like to create an assignment for.
3. Select "Planner" from the sidebar and then select the "Create Assignment" button from the top of the page.
4. The window will prompt you with "Select skills for your assignment". From here choose your location, grade and then the applicable skill(s) through the pull-down menus.
(Note: to select an entire skill, click the checkbox next to the topic name)
5. You'll then select how many questions from each skill you would like to provide. The maximum total for this is 50 questions.
6. The final step in the process will let you name your assignment, and choose which students are included. (Note: You can click the top checkbox to select all of the students within the class.)
When you're happy with your selection, select "Next".
7. Next, select the start and end date for your assignment from the calendar menu and then select "Create".
That's it! Your assignment is now created and will appear as a purple line in your calendar.
If at any time you'd like to change an element of your assignment, you can do so by selecting the purple line in your calendar and selecting "edit".
You'll be able to edit the following details:
- Selected skill for the assignment
- Assignment title
- Number of questions
- Students the assignment is provided to
- Start and end dates for the assignment
When you're happy with your changes, select "Save".
At any time you can view your assignment report by selecting the purple line in your calendar and then selecting "View Report".
At any time you can completely remove the assignment by selecting the purple line in your calendar > selecting "Delete" and then confirming your selection by clicking on "Delete assignment".